Posts tagged person
Congrats to one of my former teammates Al on his retirement! Al was one of the original people who built the very successful software product that I’ve been working on. I made this for his last day at work. Thanks for everything and best wishes!
The design of this balloon is similar to the balloon I made of my friend Christian, except that I drew in the eyes instead of using balloon eyes. I also made a 4-bubble body instead of a 3-bubble body. You might notice the tie is made with a 260 balloon instead of a 160 balloon. And I gave him a right hair part.
Boston is a wonderful city with great people. It’s also quite a transient city, with people coming and going for educational and professional opportunities. Now, it’s time again to bid farewell to one of our friends. Good luck and best wishes to you in your new job and all future endeavors, Christian! Boston will miss you – be sure to visit!
As you can see, the balloon person is dressed business casual with a blue shirt, gray tie, and black dress pants. Someone suggested to give the balloon person large biceps, as Christian’s pretty buff. 🙂 (BTW, can anyone guess what restaurant we’re in front of?)
For my friend’s birthday, I made a balloon version of her. I made this one up as I went along, and used a number of colors, which takes a little more time. (You need to blow up/tie each balloon segment.)
This balloon has 15 balloon segments:
- Head: One blush 350 balloon segment is used for the face and ears.
- Nose: One blush 160 balloon bubble.
- Hair: One black 350 balloon segment and two black 160 balloons. Wrap the ends around the ears to attach.
- Neck: One blush balloon segment. Wrap the end around the pinch twists of the shirt to attach. The other end is squeezed in between the hair and face balloons.
- Shirt: Two red 260 balloon segments. One segment is used to make the sleeves, basically just two pinch twists at each end. The second is used for the rest of the shirt, and twisted with first balloon with two pinch twists at the top, where you will attach the neck.
- Arms: Two blush 160 balloon segments, one for each arm.
- Shorts: One blue 160 balloon segment. Each side of the shorts is basically a three-body roll-through with two pinch twists at each end, where you will attach the legs.
- Legs/feet: Two blush 260 balloon segments, one for each side.
- Shoes: Two brown 160 balloon segments, one for each side.
Happy Birthday S! And have a great trip!